Orlando Educational Consulting
Dr. Mike Bishop offers educational consulting services to Orlando families seeking guidance and admissions assistance to both mainstream and specialty educational programs. Types of clients served by Dr. Bishop include:
- Families seeking guidance to identify the best college or university for their rising high school student. Both identification and admissions assistance services are available. Dr. Bishop can help your student become better prepared for competitive college admission.
- Families seeking appropriate boarding school or private school placement for their younger student.
- Families seeking the best educational environment for their struggling student. Dr. Bishop is an expert at identifying the best educational environment for learning issues, ADHD, and behavioral issues that impede academic performance.
- Families seeking to have their child placed in an Academically Gifted Program but have encountered difficulty with the admissions process.
Orlando Educational Institutions
Educational consulting is available in Orlando, Florida, by phone or Skype, and online through a project management database. Orlando area appointments are available on a case-by-case basis.
Dr. Bishop can assist students with admission many area programs. Major colleges and universities in Orlando include:
- University of Central Florida
- Florida A&M University College of Law
- Valencia College
- Seminole State College of Florida,
- Adventist University of Health Sciences, Main Campus
- International Academy of Design & Technology-Orlando
Gifted education, or public school Academically Gifted Programs are highly competitive. Generally, an IQ of 130 is required for admission to Florida state public school gifted programs. However, there are exceptions to this rule. Students who qualify under “English for Speakers of Other Languages” or ESOL students can get a lower score. If the psychologist writes the report and references the confidence interval and states why the confidence interval should be used (and provides justification why) schools will often accept this in lieu of the Full Scale IQ (FSIQ) or Composite Intelligence Index (CIX). There are many ways to get your child qualified for the AGP in Florida. Dr. Bishop is an expert on the process and will be happy to assist your child. You can reach him directly at 813-454-1050.Google+